Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rep. Jim McDermott joins Kucinich & the good people. It's 'on the table' & looks tasty.

Impeach Vice President Cheney - He is not above the law!


"The founders intended impeachment to be used when
those running the government forgot that they worked
for the people, and the Founders intended
impeachment to be used when those running the
government acted as though they were above the law."


I have struggled for months with the issue of impeachment. Actually, I have thought about impeachment for a couple of years. I have studied the impeachment process. I have talked to knowledgeable people who have been through the Nixon and Clinton impeachment debates.

My constituents at home and a number of my colleagues in the Congress have lobbied me about impeachment.

I do not take the concept of impeachment lightly!

Impeachment is not a tool to fix a lost election or to deal with someone who you disagree with politically.

Impeachment is a long, protracted, difficult legal process.

Make no mistake about it, an impeachment resolution presented on the floor of the House of Representatives will pre-empt all other work - the work of the Congress for all intents and purposes will come to a halt.

Impeachment is a dire course of action!

Vice President Cheney and the administration have repeatedly driven our Nation into increasingly dire situations in Iraq, Iran and within our country. They trample on the Constitution and thumb their noses at our country's legal and electoral process.

Looking back on his record, you have to conclude that the Vice President has placed himself above the law. The evidence is overwhelming. For the good of the Nation, the Vice President should leave office immediately.

I have added my name to House Resolution 333, calling for impeachment...[Open in new window]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home