Saturday, October 22, 2005

Went out to dinner last night. Glad I did. Treated my friend BrotherRay. We both had the chicken-fried steak. Place called MY FATHER'SPLACE over on GRAND AVE. Seriously good. They serve the gravy under thesteak so you maintain a little control. Steak, three eggs any style,fried potatoes( 'o'brien w/ peppers and onions if you want. Me an' Rayboth had it that way.), choice of toast, hot cakes or biscuit. We bothhad coffee. Ray had sunnyside up, I had scrambled. He had a biscuit, Ihad hotcakes. I'm like Elvis sometimes.Good jukebox. SLY and the Family Stone, Sister Sledge, Bob Dylan( 'Tangled Up In Blue').We talked. About war and peace. Girls we'd known. Man stuff. Sports. Iused to do track and field and was pretty good at it. I have a bunch ofmedals and ribbons and a sleight limp. I liked it. Running, jumping,hurling stuff. The arts of war.Ray's spent A lot of time in the Caribean and has that naturalTennessean ability to tell a good story.It was a good few hours...a clean, well lighted place...Almost everything one can hope for from civilization...*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home