Friday, January 09, 2009

I Survived the Bush Presidency


Roger Stone is a Republican consultant who led the “Brooks Brothers riot” against the Miami-Dade County election board during the Florida recount in 2000.

There have been many times I've regretted it. When I look at those double-page New York Times spreads of all the individual pictures of people who have been killed [in Iraq], I got to think, “Maybe there wouldn't have been a war if I hadn't gone to Miami-Dade. Maybe there hadn't have been, in my view, an unjustified war if Bush hadn't become president.” It's very disturbing to me...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-01-... /

*

That is just sad...sad we can't try & convict everyone in the Brooks Bros. Riot for murder.

*

Note from Wiki:

The Brooks Brothers riot was a demonstration by Republican congressional staffers at a meeting of election canvassers in Miami, Florida on November 19, 2000, organized for the purpose of bringing about the cancellation of a hand recount in which 10,750 ballots remain uncounted in the recount of the 2000 United States presidential election. The name refers to a traditional brand of suits associated with conservative business attire like that of the protesters.[1] The crowd was reported to have been directed by Congressman John E. Sweeney,[2] a Republican from New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home