Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Jack, Ralph & Grover: absolute 100% scum:


The Triumverate
by Ciretose
Fri Jan 06, 2006 at 08:05:01 AM PDT
I love Wikipedia.
If anyone claims that the Abramoff scandal is bi-partisan, and that Abramoff wasn't partisan...a few foot notes found on my favorite Web-site
Ciretose's diary :: ::
(From Wikipedia)
After a campaign managed by Grover Norquist and aided by Ralph E. Reed, Jr., Abramoff was elected chairman of the College Republican National Committee. "It is not our job to seek peaceful coexistence with the Left," Abramoff was quoted as saying in the group's 1983 annual report, "Our job is to remove them from power permanently". Abramoff "changed the direction of the committee and made it more activist and conservative than ever before," notes the CRNC.
There is a whole lot more worth checking out, but personally I just love exploring friends of Jack, like Ralph Reed
Ralph Reed, some quotes
"I want to be invisible. I do guerrilla warfare. I paint my face and travel at night. You don't know it's over until you're in a body bag."
"Hey, now that I'm done with the electoral politics, I need to start humping in corporate accounts! I'm counting on you to help me with some contacts." (email to Jack Abramoff, 1998)
(from Wikipedia) On April 14, 1983, Reed wrote a column for The Red and Black student newspaper attacking the late Mohandas K. Gandhi of India. Entitled "Gandhi: Ninny of the 20th Century," Reed denounced the 1983 motion picture Gandhi for its favorable treatment of the life of the pacifist leader of the Indian independence movement.
The worst part, worse than writing a paper calling Gandi the "Ninny of the 20th Century" was that Reed had plagiarized a commentary article by film reviewer Richard Grenier in writing the piece.
And while I'm at it, Grover Norquist, who said
"We are trying to change the tones in the state capitals -- and turn them toward bitter nastiness and partisanship."
(on the Estate Tax) "The argument that some who played at the politics of hate and envy and class division will say, 'Yes, well, that's only 2 percent,' or as people get richer 5 percent in the near future of Americans likely to have to pay that tax. I mean, that's the morality of the Holocaust. 'Well, it's only a small percentage,' you know. 'I mean, it's not you, it's somebody else.'"
"My ideal citizen is the self-employed, homeschooling, IRA-owning guy with a concealed-carry permit. Because that person doesn't need the goddamn government for anything,"
"Cutting the government in half in one generation is both an ambitious and reasonable goal"
But don't take my word, conservative columnist Tucker Carlson once called him a "mean-spirited, humorless, dishonest little creep ... the leering, drunken uncle everyone else wishes would stay home."
But yeah, the Abramoff isn't a left or right issue...he isn't partisan at all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home