Tuesday, September 13, 2005

From an interview w/ Ed Sanders (Patron saint of Investigative Poetics. Poet, Fug, Yippie, journalist, newspaper editor, all-around fantastic human being.)
...So I began to evolve and to become a Social Democrat, and I point out in my book on 1968 that it took 1968 in all its moil and toil and boil to realize that that's really where I was. I believed in voting. Like Sweden in 1968 voted to have 25 percent of their economy controlled in the interests of the people, by the state, and I realized that I believed in that, and the nationalization of certain key industries, while allowing for some entrepreneurial activity, what they called a mixed economy. And I realized that's what I believed in when I was running through the tear gas of Chicago with Allen Ginsberg...http://tinyurl.com/cy3qs
*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home